Ashe Avenue is searching for an adventurous spirit to join our development team. Do you enjoy experimenting with new technologies? Do you enjoy contributing to the open-source world? Do you find optimization, caching, server architecture, and object-oriented or MVC programming enjoyable?
While we typically shun labels, we are looking for a back-end team member with a passion for server-side development. You must possess a feverish desire to produce top quality, D.R.Y. code. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and wired to research and look for the newest tools, technologies or libraries. You must enjoy jumping between languages, environments and projects while never letting your skills stagnate. You will be working with skilled developers across our Brooklyn and Chapel Hill offices, and collaborate with members of the front-end team to produce high-profile, client-facing work.
We have offices in Brooklyn, NY and Chapel Hill, NC so the candidate should live in either of those areas. Please send your resume to jobs [at] asheavenue.com, and be sure to include your GitHub page or links to work you’ve done.
We offer full health benefits, 401k plans, and employee incentive programs. We love technology, music, and art. We could be your new home. Drop us a line. Seriously. jobs [at] asheavenue.com.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation
• Remain current on new technologies and design trends for web, mobile and social media platforms
• Collaborate with design, development and client services teams to maintain creative and efficient production processes
• Assist in the estimating and scoping process for new work
• Maintain and contribute to coding standards to promote best practices and community building both internally and externally
• Recommend timely, researched, high-quality solutions and services to clients to further business objectives
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes, along with possible solutions
• Able to work in Brooklyn, NY or Chapel Hill, NC
These attributes are pretty essential:
• Possesses excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop
• Thrives in a team environment and facilitates effective team interaction
• Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with Git
• Experience with coding and deploying applications in a cross-platform and cross-browser environment
• Experience with CMS integration and maintenance, especially Drupal
• Experience with MVC frameworks such as Yii, Rails, Symphony and CodeIgniter
• Experience with PHP, Ruby and other Web programming languages
• Familiar with integrating websites and web applications with social media platforms and third party APIs
Ashe Avenue loves you.