Your job sucks. No offense of course — we have all been there. Really complicated excel sheets. Websites for lame bands. Boring re-designs of some random company’s proprietary CMS that was built by the owner’s nephew in a weekend. We work on big name and high-demand sites which always creates an environment of interesting work and a challenging atmosphere. Feel like you’re a good programmer who wants to learn more about server architecture? Or are you a designer with a penchant for the technical side of WordPress? We want people who are at home learning new things. We want you to contribute to the open source world. We want you to write your technology experiments or rant-filled musical opinions on our blog.
At Ashe Avenue, we are constantly looking for new faces to join our team, whether you’re a developer, designer, manager, or otherwise. We work with all types of clients on cutting edge, award-winning web applications (VICE.com, Noisey.com, The Creators Project). Our goal is to keep things interesting, because frankly we don’t want to be doing boring work either. If you are looking for a challenge in a fast-paced environment and love developing for the web, then Ashe Avenue is the place for you. We encourage your growth — we want to see you contributing to open source, giving back to the community, or even just documenting your development adventures on our blog.
We work with all sorts of platforms and technologies including WordPress, Drupal, iOS/Android, Ruby on Rails, Yii Framework, CakePHP, Facebook SDK, Spotify API, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Brightcove, Ooyala, Zencoder, and tons more (we could go on for days) — and we’re always trying to do more. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes health benefits, 401k plans, and employee incenive programs. We love technology, music, and art. We hang out together and enjoy being a part of a great team.
Our team is a tight-knit group that spans between our two offices in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Brooklyn, New York. If you like to travel, enjoy working on fun projects, want to learn a lot, and feel you would be a good fit for our team, please contact jobs [at] asheavenue.com. Even if you don’t see your perfect match listed below, we are always looking for people who fit in with our team and can help make our family a bigger and smarter one.
Right now, we are hiring. Managers, interns, developers of all skill levels. People who like what we do.
We offer full health benefits, 401k plans, and employee incentive programs. We love technology, music, and art. We could be your new home. Drop us a line. Seriously. jobs [at] asheavenue.com.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation
• Remain current on new technologies and design trends for web, mobile and social media platforms
• Collaborate with design, development and client services teams to maintain creative and efficient production processes
• Assist in the estimating and scoping process for new work
• Maintain and contribute to coding standards to promote best practices and community building both internally and externally
• Recommend timely, researched, high-quality solutions and services to clients to further business objectives
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes, along with possible solutions
• Able to work in Brooklyn, NY or Chapel Hill, NC
These attributes are pretty essential:
• Possesses excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop
• Thrives in a team environment and facilitates effective team interaction
• Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with Git
• Experience with coding and deploying applications in a cross-platform and cross-browser environment
• Experience with CMS integration and maintenance, especially Drupal
• Experience with MVC frameworks such as Yii, Rails, Symphony and CodeIgniter
• Experience with PHP, Ruby and other Web programming languages
• Familiar with integrating websites and web applications with social media platforms and third party APIs
If you’re interested in becoming a part of this great and rapidly growing team, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to jobs [at] asheavenue.com. You won’t regret it.
Ashe Avenue loves you.